In an emergency, seconds matter.
That’s why it’s good to have home phone service, even in today’s mobile world.
Rescue crews can quickly find the address of a person calling 911 from a phone associated with a fixed location. The same is not always true with cell phones.
As a leading Internet, TV and phone service provider, TDS® knows people depend on our products. We work hard to make them reliable.
What to teach your kids about 911:
- Make sure they know when it’s appropriate to call 911, and when it’s not.
- Test them with questions such as, “Would you call 911 if someone was trying to break into our house?”
- Tell them in some cases–such as a fire–they should get out of the house before calling 911.
- Ensure they know what to tell the operator, including where they are and what’s happening.
- Tell them not to hang up until the operator says it’s okay.
Visit HelloTDS.com or call 1-844-565-7367 to learn more about TDS Home Phone Service.
By Tim Damos