If you dominate in Trivial Pursuit, sweep the floor at the local bar’s trivia night, or challenge the best contestants on Game Show Network, today is your day! Jan. 4 is National Trivia day, so we’ve got 50 trivia questions for you. Test yourself, then share with others!
- A snail can sleep for how many years?
- How many heart chambers does a cockroach have?
- Which bird is a universal symbol of peace?
- Which animal never sleeps?
- A mandrill is what type of creature?
- Out of 12, how many dogs survived the Titanic disaster?
- Which animal has the highest blood pressure?
- What is a group of hedgehogs known as?
- The fingerprints of which animal extremely resemble human fingerprints?
- How much time does a sloth need to digest its food?
- Three years
- A dove
- Two weeks
- What is the least common M&M color?
- What are the two most popular spices in the world?
- Which famous soft drink was invented in 1892?
- What two words were combined to make the word “Spam”?
- What are the names of the Rice Krispies mascots?
- If you ordered an Omelet Arnold Bennett, what fish would you find in it?
- What was the first food eaten in space?
- Where were French fries invented?
- What is the most frequently ordered item of food in the USA?
- How much does the average Thanksgiving turkey weigh?
- Pepper and mustard
- Coca Cola
- Spiced ham
- Snap, Crackle, and Pop
- Apple sauce
- Fried chicken
- 15 pounds
- Which superhero is referenced in every episode of Seinfeld?
- What is the name of the boat in Jaws?
- How long did it take to get Jim Carrey into makeup for “How the Grinch Stole Christmas”?
- What is Jack Nicholson’s famous line from “The Shining”?
- Where is Sheldon Cooper from the “Big Bang Theory” from?
- What fictional town does Spongebob Squarepants live in?
- In what city does the TV show “Mad Men” take place?
- What is Quentin Tarantino’s most popular film?
- Who did Forbes name the “youngest self-made billionaire ever” in 2019?
- What is the longest-running Broadway show of all time?
- 5 hours
- “Here’s Johnny”
- Galveston, Texas
- Bikini Bottom
- New York City
- “Pulp Fiction”
- Kylie Jenner
- “The Phantom of the Opera”
- Which state in the U.S. is only one syllable long?
- Which city has more cars than it does people?
- What country covers five time zones but only operates on one?
- The longest boardwalk in the world exists in which city and state?
- How many countries still have a royal family?
- What was New York called before it officially became New York?
- What is considered the happiest language in the world?
- What is the national animal of Scotland?
- Where did coffee originally come from?
- Which country is home to the most volcanoes?
- San Marino, Italy
- Atlantic City, New Jersey
- New Amsterdam
- The unicorn
- Which is the only NFL team to go a whole season undefeated, including the Super Bowl?
- What sport is dubbed the “king of sports”?
- How many points is a conversion kick worth in a game of rugby?
- In which sport are the terms “stale fish” and “mule kick” used?
- What is Canada’s national sport?
- In 1900, what weird Olympic event happened during the summer games in Paris?
- In darts, what is the highest possible score using three darts?
- Which water sport is the official state individual sport of Hawaii?
- Forrest Gump excelled at what sport?
- How do the stitches on a baseball affect the speed at which it travels?
- The Miami Dolphins (1972)
- Two points
- Live pigeon shooting
- Ping pong
- They make it faster
By Hannah Drewieck, TDS Communications Intern