There are a lot of websites out there that promise to pay your bills on your behalf. In theory these services are a big time saver. In reality though, things might not go quite so smoothly.
Lately we’ve heard from a number of customers who have used a third-party bill payment site to pay their TDS bill—but the funds don’t arrive to us on time. These customers then call us in a panic when they’re notified of late fees and possible disconnection. Adding insult to injury, these sites typically charge between $5-10 per transaction.
We don’t want this to happen to you—and fortunately, it doesn’t have to. We offer many, no or low cost ways to pay your bill. These options are also listed on our website.
1. Electronically. Use Online Bill Pay. It’s free, easy, and available 24X7! Pay with a credit card, debit card, or ACH withdrawal from a bank account. Choose to make a one-time payment or set up automatic payments, which will ensure timely payment of your bill each month.
2. On the phone. Call 1-855-301-7470 to use TDS’ Pay-By-Phone service. There’s no charge for this 24X7 service, which lets you use a credit card, debit card, or ACH withdrawal from a bank account to make same day payments.
3. By Mail. Mail your check (or money-order payment) and bill stub using the envelope provided with your TDS bill (allow 10 days for processing). Don’t have the TDS-provided envelope? Here’s the payment address:
PO Box 94510
Palatine, IL 60094-4510
4. In Person. Use Western Union locations that offer Convenience Pay to pay with cash or other form of payment. (Allow 3 days for processing, a fee may apply.) Find a location near you.
5. Pay at a Walmart Money Center (inside most Walmarts) with cash or PIN-based debit card. You’ll need to present your current remittance stub. A fee may apply.
Allow up to 2 business days for “next day” payments; and up to four days for “standard’ payments.
6. At a local TDS Office in:
Colorado: Arvada: 14700 West 66th Place; Office Hours: Mon, Tues, Wed, Fri 8a.m. to 5 p.m. Thurs. 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., Sat, 8 a.m. to noon
Estes Park: 405 Stanley Ave; Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Fort Carson: 6980 Quinn St., Building 2355; Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Berthoud: 266 Basher Dr., Unit 4; Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Woodland Park: 400 North Highway 67; Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Closed Daily noon to 1 p.m.
Nevada: Mesquite: 146 N. Sandhill Blvd; Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Closed Daily noon to 1 p.m.
New Mexico: Alamogordo: 901 N. Florida Ave., Office hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Carlsbad: 1092 North Canal, Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Hobbs: 2827 North Dal Paso Suite 129, Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ruidoso: 117 Vision Dr., Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; Closed Daily noon to 1 p.m.
Utah: Cedar City: 106 E 200 N, Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; after-hours payment drop box available
St. George: 111 W. 700 South, Office Hours: Mon-Fri: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; after-hours payment drop box available
Still need help? Feel free to give us a call at 1-855-301-7470 to speak with an advisor.